Home Care and Community Support
McLean Care® is renowned for excellence in residential aged care, but the real gem is our Community Care programs and services. which we have been delivering to the Inverell and Tamworth communities since 2001.
There is no better feeling in the world than being surrounded by your own treasured things, cherished memories, loving friends and family, or beloved pets – being where you want to be, in the place where you feel most relaxed, and doing the things that give you the greatest joy. McLean’s Inverell and Tamworth Community Care families play a vital role in the lives of people who have chosen to stay at home.
One of the very first questions we will ask you is ‘What can we do to create value in the quality of your life?’
We offer a diverse, creative, and often fun range of services, delivered by a passionate, nurturing and supportive team of highly skilled lifestyle facilitators and co-ordinators. We are here to support you in your life in the community, and our aim is to assist you to fully engage in life, so that you enjoy every day to the fullest. Your personal goals are our number one priority, and if there’s a way to make something amazing happen for you, our innovative and resourceful team will find it.
The range of community lifestyle services that McLean Care® can create for and offer you is almost unlimited. From meal preparation and delivery, to cooking and sharing a meal with you, personal care assistance and housekeeping services, to transport to appointments and fun outings. What about a shopping trip, for you, or with you? Do you have a special occasion you would like some company to? How about trying an exercise class, having a massage, or just a chat?
How’s your day been? Can we help you with that? How about we do that together.
McLean Care® wants you to have the best possible quality of life, surrounded by the people and things you love, the homes you have spent a lifetime building, and the friendships you have spent years nurturing.
Let McLean Care’s Inverell and Tamworth Community Care family be your extended family – yes, we can help you with that, and yes, we can do that together.
Click on the image to view our brochure
You might be surprised by the services we can offer and below is just some of them:
- Meal preparation and delivery
- Transport for appointments or outings
- Personal care assistance with bathing, showering, dressing or haircare
- Carer Support
- Massage therapist
- Housekeeping services
- Home maintenance for minor general repairs
- Social Support – taking you shopping, banking, to a special occasion, or just providing company for a chat
- Community nursing for wound care or other clinical advice
- Group outings – women’s groups, church groups
- Exercise classes and exercise therapy
- Computer-based assistance
COMMUNITY PACKAGES PROGRAM
Home Care Packages are designed for people with complex needs that can be met by a coordinated package of care. The Packages are designed to assist people to remain living at home ensuring that they have choice and flexibility in the way that the support is provided to them.
COMMONWEALTH HOME SUPPORT PROGRAM
This program delivers a relatively small amount of care and support to older people to help them to remain living at home and includes:• Domestic Assistance to provide assistance with domestic chores to maintain your capacity to manage everyday activities in a safe, secure and healthy home environment and includes general house cleaning and unaccompanied shopping.
• Social Support to assist older people to participate in community life and feel socially included through meeting your need for social contact and company and includes visiting services, telephone and web-based monitoring services and accompanied activities such as shopping, bill paying and attendance at appointments.
• Allied Health and Therapy Services to provide services that restore, improve or maintain frail, older people’s health, wellbeing and independence and include physiotherapy, group social outings, mobility and stability classes, Mens exercise classes, walking groups and warm water therapy.
• Flexible Respite to support and maintain care relationships between carers and clients, through providing good quality respite care for older people so that regular carers can take a break and includes daytime support service for carers of clients needing assisted support in the carer’s or the client’s home.
VETERANS HOME CARE
This program is designed to assist entitled persons to a small amount of practical help including Domestic Assistance and safety related Home and Garden Maintenance.
Compensable services, for example Workers Compensation and other Insurance services throughout New England Region to older people and younger people with disabilities
McLean Care also offers a brokerage model of care to other service providers that do not have resources available to service their existing consumers within the New England region.
McLean Care can offer you a service of your choice for a negotiated fee.
“I write on behalf of my sister, brother and myself to thank you and your wonderful staff for their caring, assistance, and compassion they had shown our mother, Doris (Betty) Ison, prior to her recent passing.
Thank you and best wishes.”