Beresford Coward Hostel
Beresford Coward Hostel is nestled privately on the McLean Care® grounds surrounded by beautiful gardens. There are 53 beds in Beresford Coward Hostel, each very spacious with private ensuites. All our rooms feature access to a private patio and large windows. Beresford Coward is divided into four courts. Two courts share a dining room and comfortable sun filled sitting rooms. Beresford Coward Hostel is a suitable care environment for Residents who are able to:
- Mobilise independently or with the assistance of 1 staff member.
- Transfer on and off your bed independently or with the assistance of 1 staff member.
- Toilet independently or with the assistance of 1 staff member.
- Manage food and fluids independently (or with supervision).
- Independently manage all aspects of Activities of Daily Living or with the assistance of 1 staff member.
Single room with single ensuite.
MAXIMUM ROOM OCCUPANCY AND SIZE
The room type provides accommodation to one person only. A typical room size in this category is 22.7 square metres.
DESCRIPTION OF THE ROOM TYPE
The room type features are in good condition and contain bedroom furniture including:
- Medical Bed
- Bed side drawers
- Large wardrobe
The room type features high quality bedding including pressure relieving mattress (standard / supplied as needed)
This spacious sized room boasts quality fittings in good condition including:
- Nurse call system
- Television connection
- Landline telephone connection capability
- Ensuite bathroom with a toilet, shower, vanity and grab rails
- Fire sprinkler protection
- Individually controlled heating unit
- Evaporative air conditioning
- Ceiling fan
- Window dressings of fabric curtains
- 3-in-1 bathroom ducted heat / light / exhaust
- Wi-Fi internet access
- Soft furnishings
Immediate common area: Large Library/Lounge area with television and DVD, computer kiosk with internet, library, seating area with soft furnishings and artwork. Two large dining areas with servery, dining tables and chairs, garden views, soft furnishings and artwork. Extensive garden surrounds and village green.
"Several years ago we decided to sell our farm, retire and move closer to town and family. A long period of looking and evaluation followed. Fortunately a friend recommended the Goodwood Villas in Inverell. We were very impressed for a number of reasons; the quietness, security space and the outlook. The other big advantage is that we did not have to pay stamp duty and if we were unhappy we could move on and not have to pay agents fees to sell. The McLean organisation refunds the purchase price less a small fee. We, from the very first day have been settled here, any care or maintenance problems have always been taken care of by a very obliging staff."