With its entrance located on the eastern side of the McLean Care® grounds, Arrawatta Lodge is surrounded by a serene bush setting offering privacy and a relaxing environment. There are 13 large single rooms with ensuites in Arrawatta Lodge, with each room having a view of either beautiful gardens or surrounding country side. All rooms have fans for the summer and are heated with common areas air-conditioned.
Arrawatta Lodge is a specialised accommodation service designed for people who are living with Dementia and associated behavioral symptoms such as wandering or being at risk of absconding. Arrawatta Lodge is a suitable care environment for Residents who are able to:
- Mobilise independently or with the assistance of 1 staff member
- Transfer on and off your bed independently or with the assistance of 1 staff member
- Toilet independently or with the assistance of 1 staff member
- Manage food and fluids independently (or with supervision)
- Independently manage all aspects of Activities of Daily Living or with the assistance of 1 staff member
Single room with private ensuite.
MAXIMUM ROOM OCCUPANCY AND SIZE
The room type provides accommodation to one person only. A typical room size in this category is 16.2 square metres.
DESCRIPTION OF THE ROOM TYPE
The room type features high quality bedroom furniture including:
- Electronic high / low adjustable bed
- Bed side cabinet
- Large Built in wardrobes
- Fitted shelving
The room type features high quality bedding including pressure relieving mattress (standard / supplied as needed)
This spacious sized room boasts quality fittings including:
- Nurse call system
- Television connection
- Landline telephone connection capability
- Ensuite bathroom with a toilet, shower, vanity and grab rails
- Fire sprinkler protection
- Individually controlled heating unit
- Evaporative air conditioning
- Ceiling fan
- Window dressings of fabric curtains
- Colour coded bathroom tap ware
- 3-in-1 bathroom ducted heat / light / exhaust
- Attractive door and draw handles chosen for ease of dexterity
- Wi-Fi internet access
- Soft furnishings
Immediate common area: Lounge includes comfortable seating, television and DVD, soft furnishings, artwork and provides access to a secure garden area.
Quiet room provides rural views with comfortable seating and soft furnishings.
"Several years ago we decided to sell our farm, retire and move closer to town and family. A long period of looking and evaluation followed. Fortunately a friend recommended the Goodwood Villas in Inverell. We were very impressed for a number of reasons; the quietness, security space and the outlook. The other big advantage is that we did not have to pay stamp duty and if we were unhappy we could move on and not have to pay agents fees to sell. The McLean organisation refunds the purchase price less a small fee. We, from the very first day have been settled here, any care or maintenance problems have always been taken care of by a very obliging staff."